The current COVID-19 pandemic has heightened awareness of the need to control bacteria in the home or work space. We are pleased to advise The Mould Doctor has introduced a decontamination and sanitising service.
Our non corrosive and environmentally friendly product has been tested by the Microbiology Department at Monash University. This scientifically formulated product is nonhazardous and has been proven to eliminate all mould species and bacteria that cause the spread of colds and flu. Bacteria and fungi are airborne, meaning they are able to travel through air and can cause infections in people through various means, inhalation, direct contact or ingestion of the pathogen. Below is an explanation of the organisms tested and the diseases or ailments that they can cause.
- Trichophyton rubrum can cause skin diseases such as Athlete’s Foot, Tinea and ringworm of the nails, beard and groin.
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes can causes dermatomycoses, i.e. body ringworm, nail ringworm, groin ringworm, beard ringworm
and Athletes Foot.
- Aspergillus niger can cause Pneumonia in immunocompromised patients, skin infections in burn victims, corneal and external ear infections.
- Legionella pneumophila, the bacterium responsible for Legionnaires disease.
- Staphloccus Aureus (golden staff) responsible for wound infections, scaled skin infections and lung infections.
Complete testing report available.
Office environments are particularly conducive to the spread of bacteria. Research by Dr. Charles Gerba, a professor of microbiology at the University of Arizona, assessed bacteria found in office kitchens and discovered that 41% of cups and utensils tested were contaminated with coliform bacteria – otherwise known as fecal bacteria. These bacteria are not always harmful to people, however they can be, especially to those with weakened or compromised immune systems. Fogging your home or office space will assist with the control of most bacteria.
DECONTAMINATION AND SANITISING
The service is provided on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, with prices starting from $295 + GST. A quote will be provided once we have confirmed the size of your residential or commercial property.