You can’t always see it, you can’t necessarily smell it: with a busy modern life to lead, it’s easy to put mould remediation way down the bottom of your to-do list.
Whether addressing a mould issue you’ve noticed in the kitchen or bathroom, or dealing with an invisible mould infestation which may be impacting upon your health – mould remediation can feel like an overwhelming, scary issue.
Here’s why you should prioritise health and address mould immediately:
- 24% of the population cannot create antibodies to mould. Every time they are in a water-damaged building, an inflammatory response beginswhich can cause symptoms associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
- Adverse reactions to mould infestation are very serious: they include lung problems such as asthma, bronchitis, cold and flu-like symptoms, hayfever and pneumonia.
- Mould-riddled environments can lead to a state of permanent fatigue, resulting in dangerous microsleeps during the day and insomnia at night. This leads to mood swings, poor concentration and memory loss.
- Individuals sensitive to mould may develop Visual Contrast Sensitivity. VSC makes differentiating light and dark difficult and can affect driving.
- 50% of indoor environments in Australia are affected by dampness, which is the prime condition for mould growth.
Is your home or investment affected by mould?
Make wellness your focus this winter – engage The Mould Doctor to address mould issues in your home or investment property.
Don’t let a busy schedule get in the way of your health and wellbeing. Let The Mould Doctor’s professional mould remediation technicians provide you with a free property inspection, report and quote.